Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Revising the strategy

My testing date is approaching fast! I am doing all I can to keep my nerves in check. I do not believe that I study as much as I need to between working full-time (my job is really a job and a half), family responsibilities, and the need to do something social every once in a while, I perceive that I am falling short of this idea I have as to how you are supposed to study for this test which is eat, breath, and sleep NCLEX review material and questions.

What is my new strategy? What was my old strategy? My old strategy was to answer as many questions per day as possible. “As possible” could be anything from 50-150. I am still trying to get myself up to 265. Why? Because my test could run up to that many questions and I need to have the practice of sitting for so many questions consecutively.

My new strategy (I must sound as though I am developing a war plan) is to continue with the questions, but to increase my prayers and positive visualization. Instead of taking time out just once a day to meditate, I am doing it all throughout the day.

I answered 75 questions last night on Mosby’s CD-ROM comprehensive test last night and still scored 61%. I should be at 80%. A few weeks ago I had the same score on 75 questions. I should be getting better. I cannot explain it. All I can think to do is to increase the number of questions I do and continue to pray.

I have been in numerous situations where the odds were seemingly stacked against me. I am not deterred. I have already passed this exam. I continuously visualize myself reading my nursing license with the state and board of nursing present atop, my name, license number, and relevant signatures. I hold this picture in my head. I refuse to let it go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great advice for NCLEX studiers!